I have said it before, but roasting is my favorite method of cooking vegetables. It is easy to throw them in the oven while I cook the main components of a meal, and then have them ready right when everything else is. This is a nice twist on the standard roasted broccoli, and feels extra vibrant and fresh from the orange zest. Thompson loved the “extra long trees” of the broccoli, and amazingly, this is the first thing he finished on his plate.
- 16 ounces broccolini
- 1 orange, zested and then sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place broccolini on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with garlic and orange zest, then arrange orange slices on top. Drizzle with a little olive oil and then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place in oven and roast for about 20-25 minutes, until broccolini is tender but still a little crisp.